Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), founded in May 1950, is a leading research institute in organic chemistry in China. SIOC is actively involved in three major research fields, i.e., chemical biology, methodologies for chemical transformation and organic material science, which are closely related to population & health, resource & environment, as well as space and energy. The institute is making great efforts to strengthen cutting-edge fundamental and mission-oriented applied researches. There are in total 8 research departments including two state key laboratories (State Key Laboratory of Bio-organic and Natural Products Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Organometallic Chemistry), two CAS (Chinese Academy of Science) key laboratories ( CAS Key Laboratory of Organofluorine Chemistry, CAS Key Laboratory of Synthetic Chemistry of Natural Sunstances) and Laboratories of Physical Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Material Science, and Computer Chemistry and Informatics.
SIOC is striving at creating a prosperous future in academic researches, with the ultimate goal to establish itself as a key research center of organic chemistry in China, a cradle of organic chemists in China, as well as one of the key bases of organic chemistry research in the world. As an effort towards this goal, SIOC cordially invites domestic and oversea scientists and experts to join SIOC to contribute their talents. The positions in the following research directions are available:
1. Research directions
- Total synthesis and mechanistic study of biologically important complex natural products
- Isolation and structure elucidation of natural products
- Enzymatic catalysis and biomass transformation
- Cell biology
- Chemistry and biology of nucleic acid
- Molecular pharmacology
- Medicinal chemistry
- Fluorine-containing organic materials
- Organic optoelectronic materials
- Fluorination methodology
- Alternatives of ozone depleting substances (ODS)
- Synthesis, structure characterization and reaction chemistry of organometallic complexes
- Organometallic chemistry directed towards polymer synthesis
- Organometallic chemistry directed towards organic synthesis
- Activation of unreactive bonds and molecules
2. Faculty Positions: ‘Hundred Talents Program’ endowed professor
3. Qualifications: please visit the website: http://www.sioc.ac.cn
- Salaries: During the employment, SIOC will offer an allowance of professor level, including basic salary, position allowance and related welfares.
- Start-up funding: SIOC will provide RMB 700000 as the research start-up funds.
- 'Hundred Talents Program’ funding from CAS: After passing the evaluation process organized by CAS, RMB 2 million will be supported by CAS.
- Lab and office space: SIOC will provide about 100 square meters of lab and office space (including work place).
- Housing: SIOC will provide a rental apartment for 3 years. Housing subsidy of RMB 400000 will be offered after passing evaluation process by CAS.
- The other benefits can be discussed on the circumstances.
Applicants should send application letter, 2 recommendation letters, curriculum vitae, brief summary of past achievements, research proposal, and at least three representative papers to:
Ms. Fei Liu
Human Resources Department
Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
345 Lingling Road, Shanghai 200032